Cynthia's Hibernation Idea
Ask Me, & I'll Answer
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Caitlin
1 post
Nov 20, 2009
7:21 PM
I think the idea to hibernate during the holidays in a great idea. This is a way in which we can choose to stay in our comfort zone and nurture ourselves during a time of year when the focus is often on scurrying preparations and trying to make everything perfect. I have found that, often, attempting to go out in the world and socialize during a depressive episode can be extremely trying, and I for one often feel worse once I get home and realize everything is still the same. If you're giving everyone else a gift during the holidays, why not give this gift to yourself and allow yourself a time alone to contemplate? Just relaxing and thinking can be a healing process. So, I guess my point is, Cynthia, maybe your idea is not so crazy but is possibly more natural one than most of the typical holiday advice.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

Email: CynthiaLubow@yahoo.com 

Cynthia W. Lubow, MFT

For 30 years, compassionately helping people build self-confidence and feel happier.

San Francisco East Bay Area Therapist

I can work with anyone who lives in California through Skype

Including San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, San Diego, Ukiah, Marin...