anxiety and depression
Ask Me, & I'll Answer
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

tamikapoll
2 posts
Sep 17, 2007
9:57 AM
i always think im gonna die and cant figure out why. i dont wan tto die my family needs me. This all started back in dec when my father passed away at 52 from a massive stroke. I felt like i was staying stong and keeping all my feelings inside. I started drinking everyday almost not sleeping and one day changed my life i was sitting at my computer and started to feel like something was sitting on my chest. I panicked it scared me and from there i have been in shambles. I Gave my life back over to christ and i currently take klonopin i fell better but the aches and pain and thoughts of death always get to me what can i do
Cynthia
180 posts
Sep 17, 2007
10:37 PM
It sounds like you need two things--first, someone professional to talk to and help you figure out what you need in order to feel better. Probably you need a chance to grieve and heal from your father's death, and also some treatment for the trauma of his dying so young. There may be more wounds you need a chance to heal from as well. The second thing I recommend is seeing a psychiatrist who can figure out what medication works best for you. You may need an anti-depressant, which works for anxiety too, while you also do talk therapy with someone. Are these do-able steps for you?

Warmly,

Cynthia

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

Email: CynthiaLubow@yahoo.com 

Cynthia W. Lubow, MFT

For 30 years, compassionately helping people build self-confidence and feel happier.

San Francisco East Bay Area Therapist

I can work with anyone who lives in California through Skype

Including San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, San Diego, Ukiah, Marin...